Free School Meals are only available to children whose parents/guardian receives one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based)
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, but DO NOT receive Working Tax Credit, and their annual income(as assessed by the Inland Revenue) does not exceed £16,190 (from 6th April 2013) unless Working Tax Credit is part of a four week run on.
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
Please note: Children in receipt of one of the benefits themselves are also entitled to Free School Meals.
How do I apply for Free School Meals?
Apply for your child’s / children’s free school meals on line.